Electrical Technology focuses on the understanding and application of electronic principles and the technological processes inherent in the production of products , services and systems.
Scope / purpose
Electrical Technology is organized to include :
- Technology, society and the environment.
- Technology processes.
- Safety and health.
- Tooling and instrumentation.
- Generation and application of AC and DC currents.
- Protective and switching devices.
- Electronic and logic systems.
- Analogue systems
- S.A.B.S code of practice 0142 and ISO standards.
- I.E.C. symbols and S.I units.
Educational and career links:
Electrical Technology provides a sound foundation for further studies in the Electrical Engineering field:
Study at Higher Education and Training institutions
- Mathematical, physical, electrical and electronic principles.
- Engineering and technology problem solving.
- Basic design and graphics.
- The concepts of electrical, electronic and logic systems.
- Effective technical, supervisory and general management principles.
- Language presentation skills including terminology, style, structure and graphic support.
- knowledge of codes, practice and legislation.
Study at Further Education and training institutions
- Electical engineer
- Electronic engineer.
- Electrical draughtsman.
- Electrical or electronic technician.
- Electrical or electronic technologist.
- Lecturer, Teacher or researcher.
World of work / Entrepreneurship / Hobby
- Electrical fitter
- Electronic repairman