Civil Technology and the related professions such as architecture , building and quantity surveying , collectively known as the built environment, are the basis on which civilization was founded. It is through these professions that essential services, such as roads, bridges, purified water, water-borne sewerage, railway lines, high rise buildings,factories and housing in general, among its many aspects , are provided.
Civil Technology is a combination of the following:
- Building construction.
- Bricklaying & Plastering.
- Technika Civil.
- Plumbing and sheet-metal work.
The study of Civil Technology builds on the Technology Learning Area studied in the General Education and Training(G.E.T) band:
Educational and career links:
Study at Higher Education and Training institutions
- Civil Engineering: Design and construction of infrastructure (storm-water and roads, purified water systems and waterborne sewage)
- Structures and buildings.
- Railways , bridges and reservoirs.
- Town and Regional planning
- Quantity Surveying
- Land surveying.
- Lecturer, Teacher or Researcher
STudy at Further Education and Training institutions
- Construction supervising.
- Building management.
World of work/ Entrepreneurship / Hobby
- Carpentry and joinery.
- Shop fitting.
- Cabinet making.
- Bricklaying and plastering.
- Painting and plumbing.
- Built-in cupboards and kitchens.